Request a Donation Pick-Up
Need a pick-up of donated items? To schedule a pick-up for ReStore Elgin or ReStore Arlington Heights, please select your donation preference below, fill out the form on the next page and attach images if you have them. You must include the pick-up location so we can determine if it is in our service area. If not, we will try to refer you to a ReStore in your area.
We will get back to you in 1-2 business days. Click here for a list of what we can and cannot accept. Our list changes, depending on current inventory and sales.
Donate Building Materials, Furniture, Appliances
Whether you have overstock, surplus, or discontinued product lines or display materials, or are involved in remodeling projects where reusable materials are being replaced with new product, we may want it. Habitat for Humanity is a 501(c)3 charity, so donations are tax deductible.
We ask for your cooperation in donating only materials that are truly reusable. Please understand that if we feel that we cannot sell an item, we reserve the right to decline the donation, so that ReStore profits are used to build homes, and not pay for disposal fees.
Donations of building materials may be used directly on one of our build sites, depending on construction needs. However, most donations are sold through our ReStore, and the proceeds directly fund current building projects.
Learn more about our Corporate Donor Recognition program
Drop Off Time
We encourage you to bring your donations to one of our two locations.
ReStore Elgin is located at 800 N. State Street, Elgin, IL 60123, and is available to accept donations Tuesday-Sunday, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
ReStore Arlington Heights is located at 955 E. Rand Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004 and is available to accept donations Tuesday-Sunday, 10:00am – 5:30pm.
Please do not leave items outside of ReStore when we are closed. We reserve the right to refuse any donation for any reason.
Dropping Off a Large Donation?
Before bringing a large donation of items (like a full box truck of items) to ReStore Elgin or ReStore Arlington Heights, please select the regular pick-up or drop-off option below and fill out the form on the next page to ensure that we will have adequate staff and equipment in place to assist.
Pick-up or Drop-off Preference
Regular Pick-up or Drop-off
- No cost to pick up.
- Response within 24-48 hours.
- Approximately 1-2 week wait period before our trucks can pick up your donated items.
- Click here for basic donation requirements. Of course, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 847-742-9905 (option 1).
- For pick-up, all donated items must be outside the home and in a garage or similar location where they are protected from the elements.
- Items must be clean. All associated parts must be available. Furniture must not have any rips, tears, or stains.
- Any and all items accepted! All eligible items are donated while remaining items are ethically disposed of.
- Fees start at $145 and go up based on the number of items being picked up. Price range is $145 minimum up to $629 for a full truck (16 cubic yards)
- Fees are discounted for Habitat customers and reflect the operating costs and are much lower than a usual moving company or junk hauler fee. (fee is not tax deductible)
- Item retrieval from anywhere including within residence or a storage unit.
- Disassembly of items that need it (except doors, cabinets, or lighting).
- Pickups within 72 hours as desired.