FAITH BUILD………Putting your faith into ACTION!
Though Habitat has Christian roots, we welcome all faiths to come together to help families build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Congregations and faith groups are invited to participate in Faith Build through prayer, volunteerism, and financial support. We also welcome congregations to builds throughout the year or to join one of four faith-based partnerships!
On an annual basis we come together to make a difference through our Faith Build event in one of our local communities. Check back for upcoming information about our 2023 Faith Build.
A Faith Build gives your congregation members a concrete way to put their faith into action and see tangible results. It also:
- Builds community within your congregation.
- Empowers members to serve in the community.
- Gives people of faith an opportunity to engage in serving others.
- Helps build community among all faith groups.
Here are some ideas for putting faith into action:
- Lift the Faith Build up in prayer; pray for all persons in need of housing.
VOLUNTEER ON SITE
- Spend a day at the build site. Activities may include framing, flooring, painting, trimming, siding, dry wall, landscaping and more!
- Provide breakfast, lunch, drinks or snacks for those who are building.
- No construction experience required. Must be at least 16 years of age with a parent/guardian.
VOLUNTEER OFF SITE
- Make a financial gift.
- Secure sponsorships from a local businesses.
- Serve as liaison between your group and Habitat.
- Promote your group’s Build Day through social media, bulletins, newsletters, etc.
- Put a brief article in your newsletter or bulletin about Habitat for Humanity and Faith Build.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Courtney Bronec at 847-836-1432 x105.