Cars for Homes
Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley’s car donation program, to help support local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Elgin, Arlington Heights, and nearby areas. When you donate to Habitat for Humanity NFV we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction.
We accept cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity NFV?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity and help local families here in our communities
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work
How do I donate my car in Illinois?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity accepts all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUV’s, RV’s, motorcycles, boats, planes, snowmobiles, farm equipment and more. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team at 877-277-4344.
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running in order to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When you vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Illinois?
- Donation in Illinois will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Top Rated Vehicle Donation Program by Forbes Advisor!
We’re proud that Forbes Advisor listed Habitat for Humanity as one of the best vehicle donation programs! The list was based on the efficiency and impact of our vehicle donation program. This means each dollar from your vehicle donation will make an even greater impact right here in our community!